LightBlog

lundi 29 juin 2015

Used Android Phone help ala VZW Unlimited Data and Wifi Hotspot

So I'm on an unlimited data plan with Verizon (circa 2007) and don't plan on changing anytime soon. I've purchased my last two phones used, and always a generation behind the newest, which is just fine with me. Right now I'm still using a Samsung GS3, and it is having moderate battery/charging issues and seems to be having lagging issues as well. I'm contemplating buying a new phone but don't live in the world of tech enough to be confident in my purchase. I'd like to not pay more than $250-275 for a phone.

- I have a 64g micro SD card in my phone and would like to keep the ability to use expandable memory

- I use my phone as a WiFi hotspot a lot. Verizon has tried to block this on unlimited plans, but I rooted my phone and was able to continue using the hot-spot feature using the FoxFi app. I NEED to keep the ability to run a hot-spot. For this reason, I think an Apple product will not work for me as if Verizon has found a way to block this feature in iPhones, which they likely will already have, I can't go and root the phone to get around it.

- I'd like to have a replaceable battery in the case it wears out. I tend to use my phones for 2-3 years before they're too outdated to handle power/memory hungry apps.

So the phones I'm looking at:

1. Samsung GS5 16g: looks like I can get for around $250 unlocked. I'm assuming it's about the same as my GS3, just bigger, better processor, maybe better battery life?

2. LG G3?

3. HTC One M8?

4. Others?

I understand if whatever I buy needs to be rooted just the same. I'm not tech genius but I can struggle through a root procedure if need be. It "only" took me 4 hours last time! ha!


from Android Forum http://ift.tt/1QZgfKD
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire