LightBlog

samedi 2 avril 2016

Kindle Fire 5th Gen 7in bricked - can't even get boot screen

My Kindle Fire 5th Gen 7in seems to be well and truly dead. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to revive it.

Here's what I did:
- Starting from FireOS 5.1.2, with help from Root Junky's supertool, rooted with KingRoot (took several tries) the put on SuperSU.
- Installed FlashFire and copied on CM12.1 and Gapps that I downloaded from Root Junky's site
- Used FlashFire to try to install these. CM seemed to get installed, but Gapps not so much. Restarted the device and CM started, but Gapps weren't there.
- Decided to start over with FireOS. I thought 5.1.1 would be easier to root, so booted to recovery and used adb sideload to push down 5.1.1. These seemed to work at the time. But when I rebooted from the recovery menu, I didn't even get a boot screen.

Now, I can't even get to a boot screen no matter how l hold down the power button. Charged overnight, same deal. Push and hold power and volume buttons - nothing.

If I plug it into my PC, I head the USB connected tone, and then a few seconds later, the USB disconnected tone. This then repeats after a few more seconds.

Any suggestions?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qnEuH0
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire